Basics of Organisational Greenhouse Gas Accounting
Book two courses and get 10% off
Book three courses and get 15% off
Book four or more courses and get 20% off
Make a booking
- 2 days
- $1650 (GST exempt)
- Course Hours
- 9.00 to 5.00 each day
NCS International has partnered with the US-based Greenhouse Gas Management Institute (GHGMI) to build professional capacity of Australian industry as it copes with the growing demand for greenhouse gas services.
The GHGMI, an international leader in training climate change professionals, has partnered with NCS International to deliver its foundation course in Corporate Greenhouse Gas accounting to Australia. GHGMI was founded as a non-profit organisation to train and support a global community of qualified professionals working in GHG measurement, accounting, auditing and management.
The GHGMI-NCS International partnership plans to deliver courses that provide necessary training, skills and expertise in greenhouse gas accounting, reporting, auditing and compliance. Our aim is to develop highly competent and credible climate change professionals.
The 2-day Basics of Organisational GHG Accounting course ((BOGA) is the foundation course jointly developed by the World Resources Institute and the GHG Management Institute, with further customisation by NCSI International to adapt to the Australian context. It is based on the WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol Corporate Standard and ISO 14064: Part 1, the International Standard for preparing corporate greenhouse gas emission inventories.
Our training provides a robust foundation for a wide range of climate change professionals working for, or providing services to, organisations with a mandatory requirement to report under the Australian National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) Legislation or to corporations that voluntarily report their carbon footprint under schemes such as the Australian National Carbon Offset Standard or the Carbon Disclosure Project.
Competency Outcomes & Associated Courses
Delegates who attend the BOGA course will receive a Certification of Attendance. Participants who choose to sit for the GHG Management Institute’s online exam and are deemed competent will receive a Certificate of Proficiency from the GHG Management Institute.
Attendance & Pre-requisite Guidelines
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course although as a specialised course practical understanding of the management of an environmental management system and GHG programs is advised. This training course is designed for:
- Professionals, companies and NGOs interested in GHG management, accounting, reporting, auditing and risk management. The course is particularly suited to Corporate GHG Inventory managers; Environmental and Sustainability managers; Compliance, Governance and Risk managers; Climate Change consultants; lawyers; and Greenhouse Gas auditors.
- For individuals involved in GHG compliance reporting, voluntary carbon foot-printing, carbon risk management or monitoring Corporate GHG emissions performance, this course provides individuals with the necessary confidence and foundation to achieve their goals. Participants will be very well equipped to prepare credible, consistent, reliable, accurate and transparent Greenhouse Gas inventories, reports and disclosures.
At the completion of this course participants will have an understanding of:
- GHG accounting principles
- Defining applications for GHG inventories
- Design and development of GHG inventories
- Establishing GHG boundaries for an organisation
- Identifying emission sources
- Tracking emissions over time, recalculations and establishing a base year
- Setting GHG reduction targets
- Inventory quality management
- Preparing a GHG inventory report
- Preparing for verification
- Corporate NGER reporting
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Greenhouse Gas Accounting
- Business Benefits of Corporate GHG Inventories
- Organisational Boundaries
- Operational Boundaries
- Tracking, Calculating, Reporting and Managing GHG Emissions
- Data Collection and Calculation
- Additional Technical Issues
- Inventory Quality Management
- Elements of GHG Inventory Reports
The BOGA course was jointly developed by the World Resources Institute and the GHG Management Institute, with further customisation by NCSI International to adapt to the Australian context.
Course Fee Inclusions
The fee for this course includes all pre-course administrative support, comprehensive course notes, lunch & refreshments. Also included are all costs of certificate issuance & postage, registration of your competency with the appropriate regulatory bodies and ongoing record keeping and storage of your assessment outcomes.
Some copies of the AS/NZS ISO 14064 Standard will be available for reference during the course however we recommend bringing your own copy so you can make your own notes/highlight during the course (alternatively to support delegate learning and post-course reference, hard copies may be purchased during registration for delivery to your course).
NCSI is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provider of Nationally Recognised Training.
Provider number 40532.