Food Safety Management Systems
Book two courses and get 10% off
Book three courses and get 15% off
Book four or more courses and get 20% off
Make a booking
- 2 days
- $1040 (GST exempt)
- Course Hours
- 9.00 to 5.00 each day
This course is based on ISO 22000:2005 “Food Safety Management Systems – Requirements for any organisation in the food chain.”
It provides participants with a strong and practical understanding of the management systems necessary to produce food in compliance with HACCP Codex Alimentarius and Food Standard ISO 22000:2005.
Competency Outcomes & Associated Courses
Participants who choose to submit their class activities for assessment on successful completion will be issued with a Certificate of Attainment covering the following competencies under the RABQSA and ASQA frameworks:
RABQSA-FS – Food Safety Management Systems
- Lead Auditor:
This course combined with our Lead Auditor course (AUTL) enables successful candidates to apply to RABQSA International for certification as a provisional auditor.
- Diploma Pathway:
This course combined with our Lead Auditor (AUTL), plus either our Risk Management or Audit Master Class will result in a Nationally Accredited Diploma for successful candidates.
Participants who choose not to submit their class activities for assessment will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance. Formal competency assessment criteria will be covered during the course and are available by request from email@example.com
Attendance & Pre-requisite Guidelines
There are no pre-requisites for this course although a practical understanding of management systems is advised. The training program is designed for:
- Auditors and Lead Auditors who are required to conduct assessments and audits of Food Safety Management Systems
- People responsible for developing and implementing Food Safety Management Systems
- Organisations with existing Food Safety programs that are looking to improve and add value to their system.
On completion of the course participants will have an understanding of and be able to:
- Explain the fundamental requirements of ISO 22000:2005
- Undertake performance improvement of the food safety system
- Identify those processes within their own or another organisation that must be effectively controlled
- Develop or extend an existing food safety management system
This course covers the following topics:
- The requirements of Codex Alimentarius and ISO 22000:2005
- General principals of food hygiene and HACCP
- Identification and risk assessment of food safety hazards
- Documentation and record keeping requirements
- Management responsibility, authority and communication
- Resource management
- Planning and production of safe products
- Validation, verification and improvement of the food safety management system
The course includes a number of practical activities including role plays, cases studies, group discussions and team exercises that are used to assess the competence of participants against competency requirements.
Course Fee Inclusions
The fee for this course includes all pre-course administrative support, comprehensive course notes, lunch & refreshments. Also included are all costs of assessment, marking & feedback (see our competency assessment agreement for further details), certificate issuance & postage, registration of your competency with the appropriate regulatory bodies and ongoing record keeping and storage of your assessment outcomes.
Some copies of the AS/NZS ISO 22000:2005 Standard will be available for reference during the course however, we recommend bringing your own copy so you can make your own notes/highlight during the course (alternatively to support delegate learning and post-course reference, hard copies may be purchased during registration for delivery to your course).
Are you registered to the Training Newsletter?
If you're not already registered, then sign up today to receive our FREE Training Newsletter. You will be informed with the latest training courses, new systems, and more opportunities to add value and assist you and your company with all your Management System training needs.
Contact The NCSI Training Team
Need more information? Our friendly training team will assist you and answer any questions you may have. Please contact us on 02 8999 0653 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
NCSI is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provider of Nationally Recognised Training.
Provider number 40532.