Greenhouse and Energy Reporting
Book two courses and get 10% off
Book three courses and get 15% off
Book four or more courses and get 20% off
Make a booking
- 1 day
- $330 (GST exempt)
- Course Hours
- 9.00 to 5.00 each day
NCS International is committed to build the capacity of Australian industry as it responds to compliance requirements of the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007 (NGER).
This course follows-on from our internationally-recognised course in the Basics of Organisational Greenhouse Gas Accounting (BOGA) developed by in partnership with the Greenhouse Gas Management Institute (GHGMI), a leader in training climate change professionals. The NGER Accounting and Reporting course is offered to BOGA students as an optional third day. It provides additional valuable training on reporting requirements specific to the NGER Legislation.
Competency Outcomes & Associated Courses
Delegates who attend the NGER course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This course is supplementary to the Basics of Organisational Greenhouse Gas Reporting course.
Attendance & Pre-requisite Guidelines
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course although as a specialised course practical understanding of the management of an environmental management system and GHG programs is advised. This training course is designed for:
- Professionals, consultants, companies and auditors interested in the specific nuances of NGER reporting requirements for GHG emissions and energy data. The course is particularly suited to Corporate GHG Inventory managers; Environmental and Sustainability managers; Compliance, Governance and Risk managers; Climate Change consultants; lawyers; and Greenhouse Gas auditors.
- For individuals involved in preparing NGER reports or consulting to companies that must comply with NGER, this course will give you the necessary confidence and foundation in NGER-specific reporting requirements. The course will help you prepare credible, consistent, reliable, accurate and transparent reports that comply with NGER.
At the completion of this course participants will have an understanding of:
- The international institutional framework underlying NGER
- Purpose of key legislative documents under NGER
- Understanding requirements for Controlling Corporations
- Reporting requirements of Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- 5 key steps to determine eligibility to report
- What constitutes a facility
- How operational and financial control are applied to determine reportable facilities
- Emission and energy reporting thresholds
- Use of the NGER (Measurement) Determination to quantify emissions and energy data
- Specific reporting requirements for facilities
- Greenhouse verification and assurance audits
This course covers the following topics:
- NGER policy framework
- NGER legislative framework
- Eligibility of corporations and facilities
- NGER registration
- Quantification of GHG emissions and energy data
- Verification and assurance audits
Course Fee Inclusions
The fee for this course includes all pre-course administrative support, comprehensive course notes, lunch & refreshments. Also included are all costs of certificate issuance & postage, and ongoing record keeping and storage of your training records.
Some copies of the AS/NZS ISO 14064 Standard will be available for reference during the course however we recommend bringing your own copy so you can make your own notes/highlight during the course (alternatively to support delegate learning and post-course reference, hard copies may be purchased during registration for delivery to your course).
NCSI is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provider of Nationally Recognised Training.
Provider number 40532.