HACCP (Including HACCP Plans)
Book two courses and get 10% off
Book three courses and get 15% off
Book four or more courses and get 20% off
Make a booking
- 2 days
- $1040 (GST exempt)
- Course Hours
- 9.00 to 5.00 each day
This course is based on the guidelines of ISO 22000:2004/HACCP and compliance with
HACCP Codex Alimentarius. It is particularly relevant to those individuals responsible for the development and maintenance on an organisation’s HACCP Plan and integrated management systems operational planning.
Competency Outcomes & Associated courses
Participants who choose to submit their class activities for assessment on successful completion will be issued with a Certificate of Attainment covering the following competencies under the RABQSA and ASQA frameworks:
- RABQSA-HP –HACCP Including Writing HACCP Plans
Participants who choose not to submit their class activities for assessment will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.Formal competency assessment criteria will be covered during the course and are available by request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance & Pre-requisite Guidelines
There is no formal pre-requisite knowledge or experience required for this course although an interest in and an understanding of the practical application of Food Safety Management Systems is desirable.
This course is designed to assist individuals, food safety professionals and others who are responsible for the development and maintenance of a HACCP Management System (HMS) or a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and need to have an understanding of the requirements of Codex HACCP, the Australian Food Standards Code and how to maintain and improve an HMS or a FSMS.
On completion of the course participants will have an understanding of and be able to:
- Apply the requirements of Codex HACCP
- Apply the requirements of the FSANZ Food Standards Code in regard to HACCP based food safety programs
- Have an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the HACCP Team
- Demonstrate an understanding of product descriptions in relation to food safety
- Know the application of a flow diagram in relation to food safety
- Understand and apply the process behind identification, assessment and control of food safety and food quality hazards
- Have an understanding of the monitoring, corrective action, validation and verification of HACCP based food programs
- Understand the impact of support / prerequisite programs on a food business and its documented systems
- Apply Quality management systems related to food safety programs
- Apply and understand the importance of record keeping to demonstrate compliance with the HACCP program
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to HACCP – what is it, how does it work and what is its history
- Benefits of a HACCP Management System
- Legal and ethical requirements in Australia with regard to Food Safety
- Requirements of Codex HACCP vs. Australian Standard 3.2.1 – staff hygiene; housekeeping practices and stock control; approved supplier program; cleaning and sanitation; maintenance; pest control; product identification and traceability; logical sequence for the application of HACCP; contact a hazard analysis; develop control measures; determine and establish critical control point; establish corrective actions and verification procedures and establish documentation and record keeping.
- Food Safety Management Systems – policy statements; organisational structures; document data and records management; corrective action; continuous improvement; legal and other requirements, undertaking a hazard analysis and developing a HACCP audit table
The course includes a number of practical activities including role plays, cases studies, group discussions and team exercises that are used to assess the competence of participants against competency requirements.
Course Fee Inclusions
The fee for this course includes all pre-course administrative support, comprehensive course notes, lunch & refreshments. Also included are all costs of assessment, marking & feedback (see our competency assessment agreement for further details), certificate issuance & postage, registration of your competency with the appropriate regulatory bodies and ongoing record keeping and storage of your assessment outcomes.
Are you registered to the Training Newsletter?
If you're not already registered, then sign up today to receive our FREE Training Newsletter. You will be informed with the latest training courses, new systems, and more opportunities to add value and assist you and your company with all your Management System training needs.
Contact The NCSI Training Team
Need more information? Our friendly training team will assist you and answer any questions you may have. Please contact us on 02 8999 0653 or via email email@example.com
NCSI is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provider of Nationally Recognised Training.
Provider number 40532.