Internal Auditor Training
Book two courses and get 10% off
Book three courses and get 15% off
Book four or more courses and get 20% off
Make a booking
- 2 days
- $979 (GST included)
- Course Hours
- 9.00 to 5.00 each day
The principles and practices contained in this two day course apply to Quality, Environmental, Safety, Food Safety and Integrated Management Systems. This course takes a practical approach to auditing and has been designed to:
- Help Internal Audit Program Managers establish audit programs that add value and identify and manage business and process risk
- Train auditors to plan, conduct and report on internal audits, thus providing managers at all levels within the organisation with meaningful feedback on the strengths, weaknesses and improvement opportunities available to them
As a non-accredited course participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance
Attendance & Pre-requisite Guidelines
There are no pre-requisites for this course although a practical knowledge of industry standards and organisational processes and procedures in recommended. This course is designed for all individuals who have responsibility for, or a role in, the management and/or administration of management systems, i.e. Document Controllers, Internal Auditors, Section Supervisors and Middle to Upper Level Managers.
On completion of the course participants will have an understanding of:
- How to establish an effective audit program
- How to schedule audits on the basis of risk and importance of processes
- How to prepare effective audit checklists
- How to conduct audits and prepare effective audit reports
- How to review and follow up corrective actions
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the Principles and Practices related to Internal Auditing
- Overview of the Internal Audit Process
- Audit Scheduling including the various styles of auditing and how to maintain an audit schedule
- Audit Planning – setting and reviewing the audit criteria, preparing audit documents, review of the types of work documents, checklists and flow charts
- Characteristics of an Effective Auditor
- Conducting an Audit - the audit process, entry/opening meeting, information and evidence gathering, recording evidence, using various evidence gathering techniques, evaluating evidence, audit debrief preparation, conducting the audit debrief/closing meeting
- The Audit Report– who are the customers of the report, reviewing report writing styles, the content of the report, preparing the report, raising non-conformances
- Follow-up Actions – corrective and preventative action, internal audits and management reviews
- Establishment, implementation, monitoring, review and improvement of an audit program
The course includes a number of practical activities including role plays, cases studies, group discussions and team exercises.
Course Fee Inclusions
The fee for this course includes all pre-course administrative support, comprehensive course notes, lunch & refreshments.
Delegates will be issued with copies of the relevant Standards relating to Quality, Safety, Environment and Food Safety for use during the course. To support delegate learning and for post-course reference, hard copies may be purchased during the registration process for delivery during the course.
Are you registered to the Training Newsletter?
If you're not already registered, then sign up today to receive our FREE Training Newsletter. You will be informed with the latest training courses, new systems, and more opportunities to add value and assist you and your company with all your Management System training needs.
Contact The NCSI Training Team
Need more information? Our friendly training team will assist you and answer any questions you may have. Please contact us on 02 8999 0653 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
NCSI is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provider of Nationally Recognised Training.
Provider number 40532.