Introduction to Environmental Management Systems
Book two courses and get 10% off
Book three courses and get 15% off
Book four or more courses and get 20% off
Make a booking
- 1 day
- $495 (GST included)
- Course Hours
- 9.00 to 5.00 each day
This course provides participants with an understanding of environmental management systems (EMS) based on AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004, the requirements of the standard and the relationship between the EMS and environmental legislation.
Competency Outcomes & Associated Courses
This is a non-assessed and non-accredited course. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance
Attendance & Pre-requisite Guidelines
There are no pre-requisites for this course although an interest in and working access to an environmental management system is recommended.
At the completion of this course participants will have an understanding of:
- The benefits of an effective Environmental Management System based on ISO 14001
- The requirements of ISO 14001:2004 – what they are and what they mean
- Documentation requirements of ISO 14001:2004
- How an environmental management system supports compliance with environmental legislation and reduces exposure to prosecution
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction and development of ISO 14001 and its requirements
- The benefits, principles and commitments of ISO 14001:2004
- The requirements of ISO 14001:2004; including documentation
- Integration with other management systems
- Environmental policy
- The relationship between the EMS and environmental legislation
Please Note: This is a theory-based course centred on the clauses and requirements of ISO14001. Students wishing to obtain a more rounded view of the application, implementation and development of an Environmental Management System are advised to attend the two (2) day Environmental Management Systems course
Course Fee Inclusions
The fee for this course includes all pre-course administrative support, comprehensive course notes, lunch & refreshments
Some copies of the AS/NZS ISO14001 Standard will be available for reference during the course however we recommend bringing your own copy so you can make your own notes/highlight during the course (alternatively to support delegate learning and post-course reference, hard copies may be purchased during registration for delivery to your course).
Are you registered to the Training Newsletter?
If you're not already registered, then sign up today to receive our FREE Training Newsletter. You will be informed with the latest training courses, new systems, and more opportunities to add value and assist you and your company with all your Management System training needs.
Contact The NCSI Training Team
Need more information? Our friendly training team will assist you and answer any questions you may have. Please contact us on 02 8999 0653 or via email email@example.com
NCSI is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provider of Nationally Recognised Training.
Provider number 40532.