Introduction to Quality Management Systems
Book two courses and get 10% off
Book three courses and get 15% off
Book four or more courses and get 20% off
Make a booking
- 1 day
- $495 (GST included)
- Course Hours
- 9.00 to 5.00 each day
The course provides participants with an in-depth understanding of Quality Management Systems based on the AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 standard, including the quality management principles and philosophies that underpin that standard. During the course the Tutor will discuss the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 from both an auditing and implementation perspective
Competency Outcomes & Associated courses
This is a non-assessed and non-accredited course. Students attending the course will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance
Attendance & Pre-requisite Guidelines
There are no pre-requisites for this course although an interest in and working access to a quality management system is recommended.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of a quality management system
- Understand the quality management system’s terminology and concepts in ISO 9001:2008
- Explain the quality management principles ad process approach underpinning the ISO 9001:2008 standard
- Identify, interpret and apply the quality system requirements of the standard including documentation and continual improvement
- Understand the relationship between legal compliance and conformance
- Apply process mapping for the quality management system process, product realisation, processes and supporting processes within an organisation
- Understand the issues related to implementing a quality management system
- Understand documentation and record requirements
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction and development of ISO 9001 and its requirements- the evolution from quality control to quality management, the principles of quality management and the structure of the ISO 9001 series
- Requirements of ISO 9001:2008 – the process and the systems approach to management, requirements of the standard
- The Quality Management System – resource management, product realisation, measurement, analysis and improvement
- Legal Compliance and ISO 9001:2008
- Requirements of the Standard - Monitoring Legal Compliance
- Integration of ISO 9001 with Other Standards - top-down integration, process-based integration
- What Makes and Effective Auditor
Please Note: This is a theory-based course centred on the clauses and requirements of ISO 9001. Students wishing to obtain a more rounded view of the application, implementation and development of a Quality Management System are advised to attend the two (2) day Quality Management Systems course.
Course Fee Inclusions
The fee for this course includes all pre-course administrative support, comprehensive course notes, lunch & refreshments.
Some copies of the AS/NZS ISO 9001 Standard will be available for reference during the course however we recommend bringing your own copy so you can make your own notes/highlight during the course (alternatively to support delegate learning and post-course reference, hard copies may be purchased during registration for delivery to your course).
Are you registered to the Training Newsletter?
If you're not already registered, then sign up today to receive our FREE Training Newsletter. You will be informed with the latest training courses, new systems, and more opportunities to add value and assist you and your company with all your Management System training needs.
Contact The NCSI Training Team
Need more information? Our friendly training team will assist you and answer any questions you may have. Please contact us on 02 8999 0653 or via email email@example.com
NCSI is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provider of Nationally Recognised Training.
Provider number 40532.