Request a Quote
We would be pleased to provide you with a tailored quotation to deliver third party certification or other auditing and assurance services.
Disability Service Standards
Quality Management Systems, customised to meet the challenging needs of organisations in the disability sector, provides organisations the correct framework for continual improvement to their clients and for their staff.
In this current climate to ensure viability and sustainability of your organisation it is essential that you choose a certification body which will add value to your business operations, service delivery and overall strategy. At NCS International we have a wealth of experience in both assessment and certification services to organisations in the disability and health sectors.
We lead with an experienced team of auditors and technical specialists/trained service users. Our team have extensive experience directly within the disability and health sectors. This coupled with the vast number of clients within our Government and Health listing ensures we are always able to provide best practice examples that would suit your own business needs.
Our uniquely skilled, collaborative and supportive approach sustains quality outcomes for the clients, communties and staff of disability, Government and health service providers.
What you can expect from an NCS International audit team:
- Our aim is to make the audit experience a positive one for all involved in the audit process, including consumers/clients of the service, with a focus on continuous quality improvement specific to your business requirements.
- Our professional team provide a tailored approach to suit your organisations needs.
- Our audit team put together a checklist based on your organisational documentation and use this as the basis for ensuring outcomes against the Standards.
- We provide a collaborative effort to ensure best practice to attain high level of outcomes for clients in receipt of the service.
- Value-add approach based on our extensive experience and practical knowledge of a wide range of specialist health sector and other related industry audit programs.
- Access to other NCS International Services.
Our Audit Process:
Regardless of what service type you fall into you can expect the following through out the audit process:
1. A formal audit program 10 days before the commencement of an audit
2. Professional yet informal audit team
3. Discussions with management on the organisations strategy and planning
4. Review of policies and procedures against relevant standards
5. On-site observations with an improvement focus
6. Interviews and discussions with staff
7. Interviews and discussions with service users (and families / advocates if applicable)
8. File review of a sample of client / service user files
9. Summary discussions with management of any improvement during the audit
10. Delivery of written report within 7 working days from exit meeting
11. Opportunity for you to provide feedback during the audit
Which service type are you:
Australian Disability Enterprise
Disability Employment Network
Vocational Rehabilitation Service Provider
Commonwealth Funded Programs:
Disability Employment Services Quality Assurance (DESQA) will apply to your organisation if you are funded by Department of Family and Housing Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) and / or Department of Employment Education and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
Download our free self-assessment checklist here: DESQA Self-Assessment Checklist
Our experienced team are able to provide a tailored audit to suit your organisations requirements, and we fully understand the differences between all funded service types, and recognise not all service providers can obtain the same evidence requirements.
To find out more visit: http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/sa/disability/pubs/employers/Documents/quality_strategy_toolkit/section2/2a.htm
NCS International needs to comply with the requirements of JAS-ANZ Procedure 18 in delivering certification against this standard.
State Funded Service Programs:
Service Excellence Program (SEP)
NCS International has been involved with the SA Service Excellence Program since it was in pilot in 2003.
We have actively been involved in the steering committee and have conducted 50+ assessments in this time frame.
Service providers who participate in the SEP are typically funded by the Department for Families and Communities and the Department of Health.
The SEP is shortly to be available for assessment Nationally and we are able to provide this service.
To find out more visit http://www.dfc.sa.gov.au/pub/default.aspx?tabid=267
Disability Services Victoria (DSV)
Our aim in assessing against both the Outcome and Industry Standards is to verify that the mechanisms to measure, monitor and continually improve the quality of support for people with a disability are integral within your service.
To view both outcome and industry standards for disability services in Victoria click here
Download the NCSI Recognition Booklet for Addendum for Disabilities Services Victoria.
NCS International needs to comply with the requirements of JAS-ANZ Procedure 34 in delivering certification against this standard.
Disability Services Queensland (DSQ)
If you deliver services or are recurrently funded by Disability Services Queensland then you will need to participate in the Disability Services Quality System (DSQS) http://www.disability.qld.gov.au/key-projects/quality/ .
In this system you must be certified against either Queensland Disability Service Standards (QDSS), Queensland Disability Advocacy Standards (QDAS), or ISO 9001:2008.
NOTE 1: If your sole funding type is 6.01 Advocacy then you MUST be certified against this modified set of standards – i.e. QDAS
NOTE 2: For those service providers recurrently funded solely for the following service types may choose the ISO 9001:2008 standard as an alternative option to the QDSS:
Information and print disability
6.02 - Information and print disability
6.03 - Combined information/advocacy
6.04 - Mutual support/self help groups
6.05 - Alternative formats of communication
7.01 - Research and evaluation
7.02 - Training and development
7.03 - Peak bodies
7.04 - Other support services
NCS International needs to comply with the requirements of JAS-ANZ Procedure 28 in delivering certification against this standard.
1. Contact us and tell us what you need. A quote / proposal will be developed detailing your organisations requirements and the proposed costs to gaining certification.
2. The Recognition Process.
Click the image below to view our Disability Service Standards Certification Brochure.
For more information, and to find out how we can help, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 1300 856 554. Alternatively, for an estimate of costs of certification, please click here.
The register for certified organisation is managed by JAS-ANZ. To visit JAS-ANZ online please click here
JAS-ANZ is a not for profit, self funding international organisation established under a Treaty between the Governments of Australia and New Zealand on 30 October 1991 to act as the joint accreditation body for Australia and New Zealand for certification of management systems, products and personnel.
Want recognition and confidence in knowing that your personnel meet the stringent requirements of an internationally recognised personnel certification scheme?
RABQSA Certification formally recognizes the competence of personnel, with the objective of increasing the performance of your organisation in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and competitiveness.
For more information, and to find out how we can help, please email us on email@example.com,
or call on 1300 856 554.