Request a Quote
We would be pleased to provide you with a tailored quotation to deliver third party certification or other auditing and assurance services.
Safety Management Systems
OHS Certification 18001 is an international safety framework used by organisations as diverse as food producers and mining companies in Chile and small manufacturers in Asia. It is recognised as the international OHS benchmark.
Safety Certification is recognition from an accredited, independent third party that your organisation complies with a recognised standard detailing good safety management system principles. Certification is a public demonstration of the organisation’s commitment to reduce and ultimately eliminate workplace injury.
Why Certification to a Safety Management System such as ISO 18001?
Providing a safe working environment is fundamental to not only employees, customers and the industry, but it also aids in an organisation's overall performance and productivity. Downtime due to injuries can have a major financial and human cost on an organisation. There can be both direct costs and intangible costs both of which can have a major impact on the financial viability of an organisation. These intangible costs in many circumstances can have a long term effect on an organisation's productivity, including:
- Loss of reputation
- Reduced chance of acquiring tenders
- Reduced investment
- Increased turnover
- Reduced employee morale
Using ISO 18001 to promote productivity
A fully integrated safety management system lays out processes and work instructions that assist staff in working more efficiently. This in turn assists in the productivity of an organisation as staff are following well oiled processes which are embedded in the organisations functions.
Organisations seek certification for many different reasons:
- Contracts which the organisation is pursuing may require certification to a particular Standard as a tender condition.
- Certification can provide customers confidence in the services provided by the certified organisation and can therefore be used as a marketing tool.
- Certification provides a verified demonstrated commitment by the organisation to continual improvement and effective customer focus.
- Certified Management Systems have been demonstrated to improve business outcomes and to assist in managing risks within the organisation.
- Certified Management Systems can increase the efficiency of business processes, and thereby reduce waste and rework.
- Certification to a particular standard can be a requirement for international trade.
- Certification of management systems can help to increase sales, reduce staff turnover, improve morale and improve profitability.
- Safety Certification can also result in reduced insurance premiums.
Self Assessment Checklist for OHSAS 18001:2007
This document restates the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) and has been developed to assist NCSI and its clients in the assessment of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems for compliance with OHSAS 18801:2007.
This checklist presents the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 as questions and can be used as an effective tool for implementing the Occupational Health and Safety Management System for self-assessment of the system.
For more information, and to find out how we can help, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or
call on 1300 856 554.