Request a Quote
We would be pleased to provide you with a tailored quotation to deliver third party certification or other auditing and assurance services.
SafetyMAP (Safety Management Achievement Program) is an audit tool that provides the means to undertake an independent audit and review of an organisation's health and safety management system.
SafetyMAP helps to establish safer working environments consistent with the requirements of health and safety legislation that will protect people at work by eliminating, or better managing, health and safety hazards.
The audit criteria within SafetyMAP enable an organisation to:
- measure the performance of its health and safety program
- implement a cycle of continuous improvement
- compare its health and safety performance system to a recognised benchmark, and
- gain recognition for the standards achieved by its management of health and safety.
The audit criteria describe features one might observe in a robust health and safety management system. However an organisation may not require all of these features to have an effective health and safety management system. The system components should be based on organisational needs, circumstances and risk exposure, not an audit tool.
SafetyMAP Initial Level is a term used for a specified 82 of the 125 SafetyMAP audit criteria. These criteria were chosen because they describe the building blocks of an effective, integrated health and safety management system that would be capable of meeting legislative requirements in most organizations.
Use of the SafetyMAP logo
SafetyMAP Initial Certification logo refers to this design:
Access the SafetyMAP logo here
The use of the SafetyMAP Certification logo by organizations with SafetyMAP certification is conditional upon acceptance of, and continuing compliance by the organisation with the conditions listed below. The Certification Body shall inform successful organizations of these conditions.
Note: The Certification Body shall have documented procedures to follow in the event that the logos are misused, including false claims as to certification and false use of certification logos.
1.1. The SafetyMAP Certification logo may only be displayed during the period of the validity of the SafetyMAP Certificate.
1.2. The SafetyMAP Certification logo may only be used in the format issued by WorkSafe Victoria, unless another format has been specifically approved by WorkSafe Victoria.
1.3. The SafetyMAP Certification logo may only be used on stationery, vehicles, advertising, etc. related to those sections of an organization to which the SafetyMAP Certificate applies.
1.4. The SafetyMAP Certification logo must not be used to state or imply WorkSafe Victoria endorsement of products.
1.5. The SafetyMAP Certification logo used must be appropriate to the SafetyMAP level reached.
1.6. The right to display the SafetyMAP Certification logo is only conferred for the period of time that the certified organisation retains SafetyMAP Certification.
1.7. The organisation undertakes not to use the SafetyMAP Certification logo where the image of WorkSafe Victoria or health and safety could be adversely affected.
1.8. The organisation agrees that WorkSafe Victoria has the right to refuse the organisation’s use of the Certification logo, where WorkSafe Victoria deems the use of that logo to be inappropriate.
2. Use of SafetyMAP Standard logo by organizations not SafetyMAP certified. Approval for use of the SafetyMAP Standard logo shall only be given after consideration of a written request. The request must detail how the logo will be used and, where possible, will provide an example of the document or material showing how the logo is proposed to be used. Approval shall be given in writing by the Manager, Management Systems Services, WorkSafe Victoria and shall be for a specific request only.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Manager, Management Systems Services, WorkSafe Victoria.
Information sourced from the WorkSafe Victoria Website
Why gain Safety Certification?
Safety Certification is recognition from an accredited, independent third party, that your organisation complies with a recognised standard detailing good safety management system principles. Certification is a public demonstration of the organisation’s commitment to reduce and ultimately eliminate workplace injury.
Organisations seek certification for many different reasons:
- Contracts which the organisation is pursuing may require certification to a particular Standard as a tender condition.
- Certification can provide customers confidence in the services provided by the certified organisation and can therefore be used as a marketing tool.
- Certification provides a verified demonstrated commitment by the organisation to continual improvement and effective customer focus.
- Certified Management Systems have been demonstrated to improve business outcomes and to assist in managing risks within the organisation.
- Certified Management Systems can increase the efficiency of business processes, and thereby reduce waste and rework.
- Certification to a particular standard can be a requirement for international trade.
- Certification of management systems can help to increase sales, reduce staff turnover, improve morale and improve profitability.
- Safety Certification can also result in reduced insurance premiums.
- Safety, OHSAS 18001, AS/NZS 4801 & SafetyMAP Request a Quote
For more information, and to find out how we can help, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or
call on 1300 856 554.